I know I’m 4 days late, but happy October! Although October isn’t my favorite month (I’m not the biggest fan of Halloween, sorry all you super fans), it is the beginning of things I do love: boots, sweaters, hot coffee, seasonal vegetables, apple picking, apple pie… I could go on and on. With a new month and a new season, I was thinking about some things to help guide me through the rest of the month. So here for everyone to see: my goals and thoughts of October. Enjoy.
- Enjoy the transition time of summer to fall before it gets to be unbearably cold. Wear your new sweaters and boots as much as possible until you break out the not-so-cute winter boots (sorry family, I did go shopping today).
- Do as many fall things as possible: go apple picking (check), make an apple pie (check), get more into the fall spirit (still to come).
- Cook using some fall vegetables.
- Try not to complain about the weather being cold (save this for the winter time).
- Stop drinking ice coffee and switch to hot.
- Take better care of myself so I don’t get sick. (This would have been good to think about before this past week.)
- Fully embrace you are not going back to school *sigh*.
- Fully embrace the Halloween spirit (this will take the most work).
- Do some more exploring of the new places around you.
- Enjoy the fall season. It will be over before you know it.
Now that these have been made public, I have a lot to live up to. I guess we’ll see in a month whether October was a good month for me. Let’s see!